Tax Problem Resolution Services, New York City
If you’ve received a notice from the IRS because you haven’t filed a return or have unpaid taxes, you’ll benefit from having 212 Tax on your side. Even if you just want to prevent a potential audit, our New York tax office provides these types ofl services to individuals and businesses throughout the year to keep you compliant and limit liabilities and penalties.
Our tax problem resolution services are centered on:
Confidence. If you receive a notice from the IRS or NY State, our tax professionals know how to respond.
- Tax notices should not be ignored. Left unattended, they can lead to interest accrued, penalties, wage garnishments, asset seizures, and more.
- We’ll review the notice, tell you what it means, and find the quickest resolution possible. With our help, our clients typically don’t have to deal directly with the IRS or state officials.
- You’ll know the cost of our services before any work is done, and you’ll only pay for services you need.
People often ignore tax notices because their tax problems seem larger than they can handle. We will review your situation and recommend a plan to resolve the issue before it accelerates.
Even if we did not prepare the return in question we can help resolve your IRS issue.
- If you have filed a return, but didn’t have the money to pay taxes owed, we can help you establish a payment plan with the IRS.
- If you haven’t filed a return because you haven’t kept up your bookkeeping, we can prepare the necessary records and file any delinquent returns.
If you receive a notice from the IRS, contact 212 Tax as soon as possible. We’ll help you develop a plan that moves you in the right direction.
Prevention. The best way to avoid tax issues is to get it right the first time — that’s our approach. At 212 Tax, we take several steps to accomplish that goal:
- We make every effort to avoid the need for tax extensions and delayed preparation of the return. While others might file an extension and prepare the return later, we prioritize finishing the return first.
- When an extension can’t be avoided, we work with you to create an accurate estimate of taxes owed so you can pay on-time and avoid interest and penalties.
- We work with you to answer the questions that come up when setting up a new venture or a change in employment status. We determine what forms need to be filed so the IRS has correct information about your status, or to make sure you’ve formed your new venture under the right type of legal entity.
- We work with you regarding the tax implications of your investments in stocks and bonds to make sure you’re holding them in the most tax advantageous accounts, and that you’ve made the best elections for how gains and losses will be calculated and treated by the IRS.
Find Tax Resolution Help in NYC
There is no substitute for the personal attention you will receive when you hire our New York accountants for income tax preparation or tax issue resolution. Contact 212 Tax and request a consultation today to discuss how 212 Tax & Accounting Services can help you resolve the tax issues you have and prevent them from occurring in the future. .
IRS Audit Representation
Rarely do our clients have to talk with the IRS. We handle it all for you so that you need not take time off of your job to handle the bureaucracy and paperwork of the IRS.
Non-Filed Tax Returns
If you do not file, you can be prosecuted and punished with potential jail time, one year for each year not filed. Why risk potentially losing your freedom for failing to file your tax returns?
Back Taxes Owed
It’s amazing how fast tax penalties and interest add up. Luckily, we offer several options when it comes to resolving unpaid taxes. Complete this form to get a Free Consultation with our tax specialist.
Payroll Tax Problems
The IRS views failing to pay payroll taxes as the cardinal sin of tax delinquency because a large portion of the payroll taxes are your employees’ withholdings.
Liens filed against you by the IRS also show up on your credit report and often prevent you from opening a checking account or borrowing against any assets, like your home.
We are often able to get levies released and help you get out of a terrible situation. Our goal is to get you even with the IRS and let you start life anew.
IRS Wage Garnishment
The payment plan negotiated by us is always more favorable than any IRS wage garnishment. It allows you to receive your whole paycheck without fears of future wage garnishments.
A Seizure should not be taken lightly. The IRS will ultimately pursue seizure of your physical assets; your home, cars, boats, jewelry, motorcycles, insurance polices, and even your retirement funds.
Offer In Compromise
Did you know that you can settle your debt with the IRS for just pennies on the dollar with their Offer in Compromise program?
IRS Payment Plan
If you don’t qualify for the IRS Offer In Compromise program, a Payment Plan may be the way to resolve your problem.
Innocent Spouse Relief
Innocent Spouse Relief was designed to alleviate unjust situations where one spouse was clearly the victim of fraud perpetrated by their spouse or ex-spouse.
Get Your IRS File
Most people would be surprised to learn how much the IRS knows about them. Obtaining a copy of your IRS file is critical in analyzing the options available to resolve your tax problems.